The management at the design label I’m interning at basically told me there would be no way in hell I’d be hired after the internship. New North American branch, low resources… fair enough. So I’ve been battling it out with myself – why am I still working on this project for them?!
So in between these two weeks of working independently, I’ve applied to a few other places… and oh my gosh! I have two interviews this week. One at a new accessories firm, and the second at an established Contemporary designer. Both with great prospects of getting a (paying) job.
As much as I couldn’t stand my family/friends pushing me to “Get a real job!!!!!” I’ve gotta appreciate my thanks. This is another example smack in my face of going for what I want. If we don’t try at all, we won’t make mistakes, but we also won’t move forward from where we are. I’ve definitely come to live by this philosophy:
“As you have sown, so shall you reap” – Marcus T. Cicero
Maaaaaan. I’ve never taken such good care of anyone in my life. “Anyone” in this case turns out to be sexy. It’s Sexy the Boston Terrier. Yupp… and so begins another day in the life of an intern.
Another rather ordinary day for this intern, but what a big day it was a big day for the 2-year old pup, because she’ll be off in a jet plane tomorrow. Her French owner is going to Paris to work on Market Days. Pretty much to get as many new retailer clients as possible in this weeklong selling spree. And the precious darling gets to fly from one fashion capital to the next, spending as much time there as I ever have in Paris.
Many of you have been wondering what the heck I do as an intern for a fashion company listed by Style.com. Well, children, let me enlighten you…
– Took Sexy out for a “walk” this morning
– She ‘went’ a grand total of 4 times – 3 urine, 1 bowel movement
– I pooch poop-scooped for the first time EVER (glad no one was in visible proximity)
– Wiped her paws with Cottonelle wet wipes when we returned
10: 39 am
– I overheard my boss saying he’ll send a messenger to JFK to get the papers signed, and say to him, “I have the slightest feeling I’m taking a field trip with Sexy.”
– He laughed
– Took her medical papers to the clinic
– Waited at least 10 minutes for the receptionist to find out whether Sexy’s health papers have expired
– In the meantime made small talk with the woman who had a beautifully marked cat called Harrison
– Dog needs new papers, so I book a 3 o’clock appointment to get her checked
– Called my boss to inform him that we actually need to bring her in but we don’t have to go to JFK airport for anything
– He disagreed but hastily told me to return and buy lunch on the way back
– I realized I didn’t bring cash so immediately hastily return to the “office”
– After an awesome Lean Joe hot wrap from Energy Kitchen and a trip to Staples, I bring Sexy to the vet.
– She keeps sniffing at garbage, and getting pets from random strangers
– We get there on time.
2: 50 pm
– The vet’s assistant kept asking me questions about the dog. “Uhh… I think she’s been urinating fine…”
To JV, who, without him, I would not be here in New York blogging about my eccentric/ eclectic/ ordinary/ surprising/ quotidian adventures.